Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown
We work to keep your business — and the Uptown business community — a top choice for residents, visitors, consumers and investors.
Chamber Membership Benefits
What can the Chamber do for you?
Uptown is a growing community with plenty of opportunity. Through marketing, advocacy, technical assistance, special events and business trainings, the Chamber and our sister agency Uptown United work to keep your business – and the Uptown business community – a top choice for residents, visitors, consumers and investors. Join our momentum!
PROMOTE your business
- Business Directory listing on exploreuptown.org (avg. 12,200 visits per month)
- Listing in printed neighborhood guide (25,000 circulation)
- Inclusion of news, events, deals in weekly newsletter (2,000+ circulation)
- Promotion on Business Partners social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Special events and tourism training to make the most of events like Ribfest, Argyle Night Market, and Uptown Saturday Nights, which draw thousands of customers to Uptown’s business districts
- Creation and distribution of press releases about newsworthy events and promotions
- Ribbon cutting ceremonies with local officials for openings/re-openings
GROW your business
- Quarterly multi-Chamber Northside Networking Group B2B lunches focused on developing effective partnerships
- Get to know other local business owners at monthly Member Mixers
- SBA-certified business coaching sessions
- Chamber staff makes over 100 business referrals annually, giving priority to members
EMPOWER your business
- Direct assistance with technical issues including permitting, licensing, and access to capital
- Assistance applying for SSA #34 Curb Appeal and Security Camera rebate programs
- Advocacy on behalf of small business community on city, county, and state level, in partnership with Small Business Advocacy Council
- Free notary public services
- Up to date information affecting your business regarding city policy, local public safety, and other community news
Become a Premium Member
Get the most of your Chamber membership! Enjoy free admission for two to all of our member events, training opportunities throughout the year, and receive an enhanced listing in our business directory!
Offered at a one-time fee of $125, Premium Member benefits are valued at over $1,500.
Board of Directors
Lu (Lucio) DiPaolo, President – Aardvark Insurance
Karen Sims, Vice President – Karen A. Sims & Associates
James Grutsch, Treasurer – Sarah’s Circle
Kurt Iselt, Secretary – Schuman & Iselt
Cinthia Diaz –Bridgeview Bank
Teresa Frith – A World Class Concierge
Carolyn Stolper-Friedman – Smart-Love Family Center
Alex Jorge –Aragon Entertainment Center
Marvin Korves – The SMB Help Desk
Adel Shaw – Spoil Me Hair Salon
Jackie Taylor – Black Ensemble Theater