Uptown’s business association since 1923, Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown, along with our sister agency Uptown United, is committed to leading efforts to build a strong, unified business environment; facilitate economic development; and strengthen community—all to nurture a diverse, vibrant, thriving, and strong Uptown. We do this through marketing, advocacy, technical assistance, special events, business trainings, and more. We work to keep your business, organization, and the Uptown community a top choice for residents, visitors, consumers, and investors.
Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit membership organization lead by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board is made up of and elected by membership, which consists of businesses and organizations which are located in or work in Uptown. Learn more about membership.
We work closely with Uptown’s many businesses, nonprofit organizations, and residents to enhance our vibrant community. We serve the entire Uptown community area from Irving Park Road on the south to Foster Avenue on the north, Lake Michigan on the east and Ravenswood Avenue on the west. The histories of Uptown and Business Partners, the Chamber for Uptown are inextricably linked. After all, it was one of the Chamber’s founding members who coined “Uptown” as the name for our neighborhood. Since its incorporation in 1923, the Chamber has been serving and promoting Uptown’s rich business districts and connecting local business owners with area residents and visitors.
Board of Directors:
- Lucio DiPaolo, Chair, Aardvark Insurance
- Karen Sims, Vice Chair, Karen Sims and Associates
- Jenn Kincaid, Secretary, Kiss Kiss Cabaret Club
- James Grutsch, Treasurer, Sarah’s Circle
- Robert Arista, Byline Bank
- Teresa Frith, A World Class Concierge
- Marvin Korves, SMB Help Desk
- Adel Shaw, Spoil Me Salon
- Jackie Taylor, Black Ensemble Theater
- Stephanie Foerster, Ensemble Media
- Jennifer Pham, Mini Tx Pharmacy
- Rajan Shahi, Chinese Mutual Aid Association
- David Novick, Thorek Memorial Hospital