Uptown Chamber of Commerce
Uptown’s business association since 1923, the Uptown Chamber of Commerce is committed to leading efforts to build a strong, unified business environment; facilitate economic development; and strengthen community—all to nurture a diverse, vibrant, thriving, and strong Uptown. We do this through marketing, advocacy, technical assistance, special events, business trainings, and more. We work to keep your business, organization, and the Uptown community a top choice for residents, visitors, consumers, and investors.
The Uptown Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit membership organization led by a volunteer Board of Directors. The board members are all current members and are elected by membership, which consists of businesses and organizations which are located in or work in Uptown. Learn more about membership.
We work closely with Uptown’s many businesses, nonprofit organizations, and residents to enhance our vibrant community. We serve the entire Uptown community area from Irving Park Road on the south to Foster Avenue on the north, Lake Michigan on the east and Ravenswood Avenue on the west.
The histories of Uptown and the Uptown Chamber of Commerce are inextricably linked. After all, it was one of the Chamber’s founding members who coined “Uptown” as the name for our neighborhood. Since its incorporation in 1923, the Chamber has been serving and promoting Uptown’s rich business districts and connecting local business owners with area residents and visitors.
Click here to join the Chamber.
Benefits of Membership
Marketing and Promotion:
- Listing in our online business directory
- Listing in annual printed neighborhood guide
- Ribbon-cutting ceremonies with local elected officials
- Regular business and consumer newsletters
- Social media and newsletter mentions
- Street pole banner advertising opportunities
- Event sponsorship opportunities
- Access to member-only neighborhood promotions
Connection and Community:
- Access to community of businesses and organizations
- Monthly networking events
- Personal introductions and referrals
- Ability to serve on Chamber committees and serve as a community steward
- Help ensure Uptown’s continued vibrancy and growth
Business Services & Technical Assistance:
- Educational seminars and workshops
- Business advocacy and government relations
- Permitting, licensing, and zoning assistance
- Assistance with SSA-funded and SBIF rebate programs
- One-on-one business consulting and referrals
- Business location assistance
- Free notary service
- Neighborhood retail market and demographics data
- Access to commercial real estate database
- Host a member mixer or educational seminar to introduce your business to the Uptown community
- Access to sponsorship, booth space & promotional involvement for events such as the Taste of Uptown, Toast of Uptown, Argyle Night Market, Chicago Pride Parade, Winter Walk on Wilson and others
- Special event & social service volunteer opportunities
“Having the Chamber as a liaison has been phenomenal. They truly want to engage with the neighborhood on many levels. They’re a tremendous resource.”
– Maria Barnes, Uptown Bikes
“[The Uptown Chamber of Commerce] offers resources that aren’t available elsewhere and has been very responsive. It’s just part of better supporting the community.”
– Edward Steinbeigle, Alchemia Art of Hair
Have more questions about the Uptown Chamber of Commerce? Send us an email or give us a ring at 773.878.1184.
Learn more about our programs!
Board of Directors:
- Stephanie Foerster, Chair, Ensemble Media
- Liz Deboni, Vice Chair, Wintrust Bank
- Rajan Shahi, Treasurer, Chinese Mutual Aid Association
- Jensen Allen, Graceland Cemetery and Arboretum
- Robert Arista, Byline Bank
- Lucio DiPaolo, Rocchetta Inc.
- Teresa Frith, A World Class Concierge
- James Grutsch, Sarah’s Circle
- David Novick, Thorek Memorial Hospital
- Jennifer Pham, Mini Tx Pharmacy
- Adel Shaw, Spoil Me Salon
- Mary Shehan, Weiss Memorial Hospital
- Karen Sims, Karen Sims and Associates
- Jackie Taylor, Black Ensemble Theater
- Danielle Wallington-Harris, Harry S Truman College