2018 Uptown Year-in-Review
February 27, 2019 | Posted by Martin Sorge
A look back at the successes of a great year in a great neighborhood.
Dear neighbors, visitors, and partners,
Uptown United and Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown had a banner year in 2019. We celebrated the announcement of plans to restore and reopen the Uptown Theatre; we welcomed a record number of visitors at the Argyle Night Market; and we helped dozens of local businesses and organizations achieve their goals. We’d like to share our success, and tell the story about what our organizations do to sustain and improve our amazing neighborhood.
Here are a few highlights:
- From networking events to festivals, we brought more than 84,000 people together for our special events.
- Dozens of positive media stories featured Uptown, which reached 13 million people, including a feature in the New York Times.
- We helped local businesses and organizations secure nearly $500,000 in funding for projects that improve their properties.
- Uptown celebrated the opening or expansion of more than 40 businesses and organizations.
- We launched new programs and events, like the Toast of Uptown and quarterly Women’s Networking Mixers.
- Uptown became the recipient of more than $1.3 billion in public infrastructure investments, including the CTA Lawrence-to-Bryn-Mawr Modernization Project.
- We welcomed new additions to the fast-growing Uptown Entertainment District: The Double Door, The Baton Show Lounge, Club Della Robbia, TimeLine Theatre, (a re-opened) Carol’s Pub, Chicago Magic Lounge, and more…not to mention the planned renovation of the Uptown Theatre!
A huge thank you to our staff, our boards of directors, our members, our volunteers, our supporters, and everyone else who made 2018 a success. It takes a community to keep a neighborhood strong.
Do you want to support our work? Consider a tax-deductible donation to Uptown United or sign up to volunteer for one of our events.
Businesses and organizations: Be a part of the action and join Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown and consider sponsoring one of our events.
Visit our website at exploreuptown.org for news, events, and more information about our programs.
Here’s to a fantastic 2019!
Uptown United & Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown