2019 Uptown Year-in-Review
February 25, 2020 | Posted by Justin Weidl
Uptown United and Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown had a banner year in 2019
Uptown United and Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown had a banner year in 2019. We transformed the 4600 block of Clifton Avenue with public art; we celebrated new public and private development projects; we welcomed a record number of visitors at the Argyle Night Market; and we helped dozens of local businesses and organizations achieve their goals. We’d like to share our success and tell the story about what our organizations do to sustain and improve our amazing neighborhood.
Download the 2019 Uptown Year-in-Review.
Here are a few highlights:
- From networking events to festivals, we brought more than 63,000 people together for our special events.
- We added 16 pieces of public art to Uptown’s streets: from a 40-foot mural on Montrose Avenue to ten new pieces of art along the 4600 Block of Clifton Avenue.
- Dozens of positive media stories featured Uptown, which reached 10+ million people, including a special feature about the Argyle Night Market on WBEZ.
- We helped local businesses and organizations secure nearly $650,000 in funding for projects that improve their properties.
- Uptown celebrated the opening or expansion of more than 30 businesses and organizations.
- Uptown became the recipient of more than $1.3 billion in public infrastructure investments, including the upcoming CTA Lawrence-to-Bryn-Mawr Modernization Project.
Read our complete 2019 Year-in-Review for all of the good news!
A huge thank you to our staff, our boards of directors, our members, our volunteers, our supporters, and everyone else who made 2019 an outstanding year. It takes a community to keep a neighborhood strong.
Do you want to support our work? Consider a tax-deductible donation to Uptown United or sign up to volunteer for one of our events.
Businesses and organizations: Be a part of the action and join Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown and consider sponsoring one of our events.
Visit our website at exploreuptown.org for news, events, and more information about our programs.
Here’s to a fantastic 2020!