UPTOWN WELLNESS WEEK – Keep It Uptown: Uptown Health & Wellness Promotions!
Business Partners, The Chamber for Uptown is continuously looking for ways we can support our local businesses and organizations during these challenging times. This week, we wanted to take a moment to highlight those focused on health & wellness.
48th Ward Mask Donation Drop
Remaining Dates: Tuesday, May 5 & Saturday, May 9 – 10AM-2PM
Saint Ita Catholic Church, 5500 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640
48th Ward Alderman Harry Osterman’s office is working with Chicago Mayor’s Office and other aldermanic offices across the city to collect donations of handmade masks. Please follow the guidelines below if you would like to donate handmade cloth masks/face coverings:
- Completed masks should be placed in a clear, sealable bag
- When residents are dropping the masks off, they should be wearing a mask or face covering and gloves
- Donated masks should be made of machine washable fabric
- See the CDC website for tutorials on how to sew masks here.
These masks will be distributed throughout the city to neighbors who need them. For more information about this effort, please click here.
All Strength Training Online Training
Now you can get everything AST has to offer without ever stepping foot inside our gym. (You still gotta get off the couch, though.) We offer one-of-a-kind packages customized to your precise fitness goals, then we coach you the entire way. It’s everything our in-person packages offer…just over email. Register for online training here!
Bodi Shak Lockdown Offerings
• 25% off class packs (with no expiration date)
• FREE #HomeBodi workouts posted to our IG page @bodishak
• LIVE workouts via Zoom
• $15 per class and we email the link 30 mins before class.
• $50 weekly Virtual membership
Visit bodishak.com for more information and to Book a class.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association
Dim Sum & Then Some: The Virtual 5k
Saturday, May 30
To protect our community, we have decided to cancel this year’s in-person 5K and convert this event into a virtual 5K. While it is important to maintain social distancing parameters during the COVID-19 crisis, we still want to offer people a fun, positive event and the opportunity to make a difference! People can run our virtual 5K anywhere, even on a treadmill! While you can run this race anytime, we would love to have folks run from 5/20/20-5/30/20 to foster a feeling of togetherness and connection, with everyone posting on social media around the same time and sharing their experiences. Learn more about this race and sign up today for the Dim Sum & Then Some: The Virtual 5K!
Doctors of Physical Therapy Virtual Clinics
Call (630) 701-6374 to make an appointment.
Imagine you just had shoulder surgery — you got over the first few days of pain and now you are ready to rock physical therapy! Unfortunately, you find out after your first visit your Physical Therapist office has closed due to Covid-19! You know that if you don’t move your shoulder – you are afraid of ruining the surgery. You are afraid to not move your shoulder, is it going to stiffen up ad get worse? You are unsure of where to go or how to find help. This is happening all across America. Don’t put your recovery at risk! We are helping patients in clinic or Via telehealth. We are here for you.
Heartland Health Centers
In-person Appointments Available | Call first for an appointment at 773-751-7800.
We are open for new and established patients to make appointments. We are taking additional precautions to minimize exposure to COVID-19 and in response to governmental guidelines and recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Illinois and Chicago Public Health Departments. We are asking all patients, COVID-19 and non-COVID -19 related, to call first for an appointment at 773-751-7800.
Howard Brown Health Centers
In response to the pandemic, Howard Brown has launched new initiatives to meet the need of patients and community members.
COVID-19 HOTLINE: Patients concerned about their symptoms may request a telephone consultation with a nurse or medical provider about their particular situation. The hotline is staffed Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Calls received outside these hours are returned the next business day.
TELEHEALTH VISITS: In order to continue serving patients with high-quality healthcare, Howard Brown Health has invested in remote appointments for a variety of medical and behavioral health needs. This new mode of care is called “telehealth” and allows you to see and speak with a provider from the safety of your own home.
ICANDEE OFFERS A FULL RANGE OF PPE PRODUCTS:
● Reusable/Washable Cloth Masks
● KN95 Masks
● 3-Ply Masks
● Sneeze Guards
● Floor Decals
● Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer
● And Much More – click here for their catalog of PPE products!
Mind Body Defense
Virtual Classes – Services Offered
• Virtual Kickboxing classes offer a full body workout utilizing movement, punches, and kicks. Each drill is tailored to individuals’ skill set, physical ability, and fitness level. Each class is open to beginners while also challenging those with prior training.
You can sign up for classes here. To learn more, feel free to call 773-517-4992 or email us here.
• We have classes Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at noon, 6pm, and 7pm. Saturday at 9am and 10 am.
• We have a limited number of scholarships available to those in need. Please feel free to reach put to us so we can help you out!
Mini Tx Pharmacy
1069 W Argyle St, Chicago, IL 60640
We are still open 7 days a week! 10a-5p. We have vitamins, supplements, essential oils, etc and can fill your prescriptions! You can call ahead to have orders and RX’s ready for you!
WORKOUT DRINK AND DANCE! Body Weight Workout, Yoga, Cocktail Class, Live DJ every Thursday! Proceeds Benefit frontline healthcare workers! Join us every Thursday in May from 5:15p-6:45p CST for Workout, Drink and Dance! Venmo any amount to @fitnesshappyhour and include your email to RSVP or purchase tickets in this link to receive Zoom and Twitch Link!
CLICK HERE for full details!
Pedersen-McCormick Boys & Girls Club
We are excited to announce the launch of our new online platform- the BGCC Virtual Club!Starting at this page, BGCC will be offering virtual lessons, activities, and challenges to share with our members and their families at home! We will be using our Pedersen-McCormick Club Facebook group to post any and all updates. COME JOIN!
Sign-up or Learn More: To sign-up and become a virtual club member you can click here and scroll down to the bottom, click on, “Become a Member”
To sign-up for our Facebook group, click on the subscribe button.
Remedy Physical Therapy and Wellness Offerings
- Physical therapy services and injury screenings. In person or telehealth services are offered at this time.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 815-370-6670, website: remedyptchicago.com, instagram: @remedyptchicago
- In person visits- I am wearing a mask and gloves at all times and I can provide these for you as well.
BCBS PPO insurance or cash payments
We are scheduling services and sales of some select essential cycling products by appointment only!
CALLS ONLY: (773) 728-5212
TEXTS ONLY: (872) 216-6564
Wagnolia Veterinary Clinic
Due to the current stay at home order we are only seeing urgent and emergency appointments. Please be patient as we are experiencing a higher than normal call volume.
Yoga Body Elements
- Soul and Soma Awakening Online with Saul David Raye, Master Teacher on Thursday, April 30th, 2020, 7:30 pm-9:00 pm
- Learn to Hula Hoop Online with Cindy on Fridays 4:00 pm on Zoom
- Learn Self Massage Online with Cindy on Sundays 7:00 pm
- Available for curbside pick-up: Hula Hoops, Young Living Essential oils, Yoga Body Elements t-shirt
- Uptown Yoga and Wellness Festival online Saturday, May 9th, 2020. Details can be found on the Facebook event
Sign-up or Learn More
How can you support?
Pledge a donation, Purchase virtual yoga classes, Book a virtual yoga or Distant Reiki session, Gift a friend and family member, Share this campaign, support the studio at GoFundMe!
Weiss Memorial Hospital
Health Wellness Program Class Schedule
- Monday & Saturday at 9:00 am and Wednesday at 8:30 am – Zumba
- Tuesday at 9:00 am – Chi Gung
- Tuesday at 10:15 am – Tai Chi – (immediately following Chi Gung)
- Tuesday at 6:00 pm – Yoga (make sure you have a mat)
- Tuesday & Thursday at 11:30 am and Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:00 am – Exercise with Paul (Tuesday & Thursday classes may vary, Paul has been called in to work these two days)
- Thursday at 9:30 am – Chair Yoga
Join through this Zoom link! Meeting ID: 611 107 9508, Password: 548763
Additional Weiss Information:
We have SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program) counselors who work with new and current Medicare clients. Counselors are available to assist with better understanding Medicare for new and existing Medicare clients. We can be reached at 773-564-5669
Ready to help Weiss front line responders? Susan Gold, a neighbor of Weiss set up the Go Fund Me page included below. Her goal is to provide lunch and dinner for a week to every employee of the hospital. This act of kindness has brought pure delight to many. If you can, please share the link below with family and friends.