Connect with the Uptown Business Center’s Free Business Services for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses!
The Uptown Business Center (UBC) is managed by Uptown United, and supports new and existing business owners and entrepreneurs within the East-West boundaries of Lake Shore Drive to the Chicago River, and North-South boundaries of Lincoln Park to Rogers Park. Whether you’re in the idea stage of your business or a long-standing business owner, the UBC provides a suite of free business services!
Sign up for a free UBC Business Consultation today for a wide range of free services including:
- Licensing Assistance: choosing and applying for the best license for your business, meeting zoning requirements, securing a liquor license, and more.
- Permitting Assistance: applying for and renewing sidewalk cafes, sign permits etc.
- Funding Resources: locating traditional and non-traditional financial resources including webinars, connections to local institutions, and the latest local and federal grant/loan information.
- Sector-Specific Support: industry events, trainings, webinars, networking opportunities.
- Connecting with your local Chamber of Commerce for additional support in marketing, neighborhood events, networking, and more.
Consultations are provided virtually, by phone, or in person based on your preference. Learn more about how the UBC can support you by signing up for a free UBC Business Consultation, emailing , or calling 773-878-1064.
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST NEWSLETTERS!
October 5th Newsletter: Funding Opportunities, Holiday Marketing, and More!
October 20th Newsletter: Funding Alert: SCORE Chicago Pitch Competition & O’Hare Concessions Symposium
November 8th Newsletter: Banking Resources, Location Opportunities, & Galaxy Grant – Act Now!
Upcoming Business Resource Events
Money Smart with Wintrust Bank: Tax Planning & Reporting
Thursday, November 30th| 1-2PM | Uptown Business Center, 4619 N Broadway
Join the Uptown Business Center and Wintrust Bank Uptown at 4619 N Broadway for a free training as part of the Money Smart Program on Tax Planning & Reporting. This training will cover small business taxes and requirements at the federal, state, and local levels, tax reporting, and payment planning.
These presentations and resource packets cover small business resources and information presented at UBC events. Sign up for a free UBC Business Consultation today to learn about other resources for your businesses and to receive personalized support!
Uptown Business Center Partners
In total, there are 8 community Chicago Business Centers located throughout the city. Services are free. Visit chicago.gov/cbc or click here for more information. The UBC provides assistance with licensing, permitting, and additional specialized business services in collaboration with the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), local Chambers, and community partners.
Within the map of Lake Shore Drive to the Chicago River, and North-South boundaries of Lincoln Park to Rogers Park, the Uptown Business Center works collaboratively with the following partners: